Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ICU & LIfe support

Not so good time for mom the last couple days. I woke up yesterday to find her laying on the floor and she wouldn't wakeup for me. She fell at the end of her bed. I called 911 and they couldn't wake her either. She ended up on life support yesterday and they finally removed it today. There has been problems with her oxygen v/s Co2 levels, along with aaaall the drugs she's on and the growths in her lungs. SHe barley has enough room to breathe to begin with, that coupled with all the narcotis she's on and the rather high Co2 level her body requires in order to breath, life has been hard for her.
Today we were able to talk and she was co-herant ect. I was very afraid it was me giving her the wrong amount of drugs, but it wasn't... they just had prescribed to many for her. It really makes me mad too, because mom and I inquired 3 times as to why she was on so many pain killers and such to 2 different dr's, we wanted to take some of them away. But the dr's give you excuses like, oh I can't make any changes to drugs I didn't perscribe, or you have to take that in order to counteract the side effects from this other drugs... its rediculous! Now look at what happened!
Things haven't been looking so hot for her the last couple days. So I'm hoping she gets some better news tomorrow. I hope she can continue to breath on her own. I'm afraid to have her home in the condition she's in now. I'm thankful they're keeping her for 2-3 more days. They told her it was because she 'needed the IV for 2-3 more days'. She's happy with that ... so, so am I lol.
I'll be calling community care access to come in and do her drugs from now on, and to help out that way I won't feel so responsible for things tat aren't my fault the next time this happens. I don't really know when she's coming home, or if she can come home, but those are the plans.

Sorry, but that's all the energy I've got for tonight. Things have been very stressful so OI'm gunna goto bed early tonight. I'll update again as soon as I get a chance.

TTYS
XOXO

3 comments:

Deb said...

Ugh, that sounds awful. I hope that things settle down and that your mom is feeling as good as possible within a few days.

Naomi said...

Sorry! I'm thinking of you guys...

Portia P said...

I've been lurking along with you but felt I had to come out to give you a (( hug )) for the awful time you're having.

Thinking of you.